Android 6 for the E5 HD?

• Hey,

I own the Ubuntu Edition of the E5 HD but I've installed Android on it. What's the ETA for Android 6 OTA for this device?
  • Most valued answer
  • A Ossorio
    A Ossorio
    Moderator  (197) Answer ✓
    Hi @Inoki,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forum.

At the moment we are working on a firmware update to add further improvements, but on the same Android version (Lollipop).

For now we have no news about the possibility of an upgrade to Android Marshmallow for the Aquaris E5 HD model.

Regards,
    A. Ossorio

BQ Technical Support

Official Support Channels:       Phone Assistance Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00        Formulario-de-soporte_inglaterra.png
  • 3 Answerssorted by
  • A Ossorio
    A Ossorio
    Moderator  (197) Answer ✓
    Hi @Inoki,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forum.

At the moment we are working on a firmware update to add further improvements, but on the same Android version (Lollipop).

For now we have no news about the possibility of an upgrade to Android Marshmallow for the Aquaris E5 HD model.

Regards,
    A. Ossorio

BQ Technical Support

Official Support Channels:       Phone Assistance Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 17:00        Formulario-de-soporte_inglaterra.png
  • Well, it's been months, any progress? I would hate to not purchase any phone from you ever again because you don't update your devices, but if it has to come to it, I won't. I mean Android 6 has been out for a long time now and we're stuck with 5.0.
  • I am also using the same Ubuntu edition on my mobile. I have taken the essay help to know the tech news. You have to use supported file to operate it.